To begin with, this program presents a set of guiding principles necessary to the process of atonement. The only way to progress is to complete each page in turn. You might like to shortcut the program, but you cannot jump to the end any more than you can jump to the top of a ladder. You have to climb one rung at a time, to achieve success as the reward of diligence.
On this page, I will discuss what the Distressed Vet program is not.
1) To begin with, DistressedVets.com is NOT a commercial organization. There is nothing to pay, and donations are not accepted. What do we want for you? We want our Creator to accept your repentance, lift the burden of guilt from your life, and accept you among the blessed. What do we want from you? Your heartfelt prayers. That is all we ask.
2) DistressedVets.com is NOT a Jewish or Christian institution. As the author, I am an interfaith minister and a convert to Islam. Think about what this means. The burden of guilt most contemporary soldiers carry is directed toward Muslims, from crimes committed in Muslim lands. As an ordained interfaith minister and a follower of Islam, I can offer instruction on how to atone for these sins. Even if this is not your issue, my perspective and guidance will be refreshing to those who are only familiar with Judeo-Christian teachings.
3) DistressedVets.com is NOT a confessional. We do not want to hear your confession, because we never want to testify against you in a military tribunal or in a civilian court of law. Keep your sins between yourself and your Creator, where they belong. After all, who can forgive sins, but God alone?
4) Although we are available to clarify issues and answer questions, DistressedVets.com is NOT a forum for discussion. This program outlines a series of steps required for redemption. These steps are non-negotiable. There is one way, and only one way to achieve redemption. This one opportunity is a great blessing: Unlike the victims of your crimes, you have a choice – take it or leave it. Think of this like a doctor’s visit, where the doctor explains that only one medicine can cure your disease. Other medicines might take the pain away or make you feel better for a little while, but only one medicine will cure the condition completely. You can take the required treatment and become whole again, or you can continue to muddle through with pain-killers and anti-depressants that provide only partial, temporary relief. Now, the medicine I’m offering brings redemption, but the treatment cannot be manipulated or changed. If you feel the system works for you, stay with it. If not, disengage. Your choice.
5) This website does NOT discuss conspiracy theories or politics. Our focus is on helping soul-wounded Veterans recover their humanity and achieve salvation. Other issues are abandoned in consideration of the importance of the primary goal.
If you wish to continue, click here.